02 February 2010

Berlin update

While I'm in the process of putting up Paris, I figured I'd give a little update on how things have been going in Berlin in the past month.

Frankly, cold. And white.

This is what Arran and I came home to from Paris:

Snow, snow, everywhere!

Beethovenstrasse:


I may look happy here, but I can assure you I am not pleased.


And here is our apartment building.


Snow is great. Sometimes. You know, like a week here, a week there. But an entire month like this? Not the biggest fan.

Apparently it's the most snow in about 20 years. And! Berlin beat a record this year. It surpassed the previous record of 11 consecutive days without sunshine, by going 15 days this year.

Arran has been very sweet and understanding and patient with my... vocal dislike for the weather. I'd like to publically thank him for that.

I figured I'd also throw in some pictures of my walk from school to the train station that I took with my phone.

Me. Cold.


The Havel. I will with no problem, say that I think the snow is pretty. I will definitely always take cold and snowy over just cold.


View from the bridge you can see in the previous picture. They call the bridge "The Blue Monster", presumably because it is large and blue.


Ducks!

Fun fact: on my walk to the train station I always pass this guy who just stands by a tree with his bike. He's always there and I thought maybe he sold drugs. I told our German friend, Stefan about it and he said no, he probably is selling illegal cigarettes. Illegal because they were smuggled in and are super cheap because they don't have any taxes on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment